Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

In dreams...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BustinJustin, Apr 9, 2004.

1. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    I was dead asleep until abruptly awakend by my girlfriend (also a bass player) who told told me I was "beat-boxing" River People in my sleep :eek: :confused: !

I have been playing (or trying to at least) this song for a month now. I have it on in the car, at work, at home and anywhere else I can play it (I'm a bit obsessed with this tune right now). It has seeped into my subconsious.....

Anyone else losing their mind to Jaco songs or any tune for that matter.

du na na na - du na na na

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I remember when I learned that song. I obsessed over it a bit too, that line is very infectious, and it's a WORK OUT! phew.

when I first started I could barely do it for a minute, now I can do it all night if needs be. But the point is, I remember staying up very late(3ish) playing that song for hours(taking rests)

Something about it, it never gets old for me.

One of these days I want to arrange it and record it in Garageband, I have a songbook for Mr. Gone, has all the parts for all the songs, quite neat.

but yeah, I think it's a good thing you were doing that in your sleep, I'm sure you have gotten better at the song as a result of that. :)

3. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Exactly!

BTW "workout" is an understatment.