1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

In ear monitor question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by crimson_basser, Apr 9, 2009.

1. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Just got some in ear monitors for my band. We have a show Saturday, so im in a bit of a hurry for a solution.

My problem is that i can only get a mono signal coming through my in ears. I figured if i just routed the signal out of the headphone jack of my interface into the in ear transmitter I would have success. However, not so much the case.

I only get signal coming out the left side, and no its not the headphones, ive tried several pairs, all the same result.

What should i do to rectify this situation? Whats the quickest/easiest way i can deal with this before saturday?

2. Sorry for the late reply, but what IEM system are you using? Most of them have a built-in mono/stereo switch. The make and model would be helpful.

Tim

3. Also check and see if the 1/4 inch plug you are using is a 2 tip one. If it is a 1 tip that is a mono tip which is giving you only the one side. Are you using this for your bass or your vocals?

4. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Its a Nady system, and i realized that the entire thing is unbalanced, so i think thats the reason. No mono/stereo switch.

The problem came cause we were using Shure SE's and theyre balanced. When i tested the headphones that came with the system (unbalanced it worked).

So for the show we either dealt with it being mono or just plugged it in halfway ;).

Would it work if we bought mono adapter tips?