1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

In ear monitoring reccomendations?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by ScottGB92, May 3, 2020.

1. ScottGB92

ScottGB92

Jul 14, 2017
    Im looking for a pair of in ears for playing live. I have no experience with it at all hahha

Also could you tell me everything I would need in order to play to a click live? Not overall fussed about hearing myself as much.

Got the laptop with click on etc

2. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Just for practicing with a click? $5 gas station earbuds will work fine.

steveksux and s0c9 like this.
  3. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    For buds, check out the zs5.zs6 and as10 bugs on Amazon.
    As to how you get sound to them, along with the click, that's a whole other story.
    Lots of threads on that in this sub forum.

What console/mixer do you use?
    I assume you will not be wireless?

4. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Usually it's the drummer who hears the click, that's why I assumed it was for practicing.

5. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    Depends on how they have it set up...
    Both my church and secular bands configure the click to be heard by anyone who wants/needs it.. insuring it's only routed to IEM mixes :)
    I use it in my church band (young, inexperienced drummers) to hold things together, but not in my other band!

6. I'd definitely go cheap right now. No idea when live music is going to take off again, I wouldn't spend much money on it until you see how/when things open up again. If you're just doing it to practice, doesn't matter, but you don't need to get too expensive to get something that works.

Randy

7. If it isn't stupidly loud on stage a Universal fit bud will work. I purchased a set of CCA C10s as back for my 64Audio Custom fit Quad Drivers, and was stunned at how good the sound quality was. There only downfall is they don't have the isolation of a custom as you would expect.

s0c9 likes this.
  8. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    As a long-time 64Audio user (Qi's and now A8's) I've looked at backups and tried a friends Z5, Z6 and AS10's... the quality is awesome... yes, they don't have the isolation of the customs, the A8 ADEL diaphragm's kinda act like ambient ports tho - but my issue is not being able to keep universals in my ears. They ALWAYS break the seal when singing, turning my head, etc. Without boring details, I tried every type/size of 3rd party tip imaginable... none worked. It's the reason I moved to customs in the first place!

9. I agree. I went to customs also due to not being able to keep them in my ears. However, I have used the CCA C10s while singing and I haven't had an issue. I'm assuming due to the shape/flush fit design. YMMV etc

s0c9 likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021