1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

In Flames - Has Anyone Heard The New Album?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BassGod, May 5, 2006.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I had forgot, but 'Come Clarity', the new album from In Flames has been released.

Has anyone heard it? Does it suck? Do they go back to the sounds of 'The Jester Race', 'Whoracle', and 'Colony', or do they continue down the lame nu-metal path?

Discuss!

Graeme

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I have not heard a whole lot of In Flames to judge it against, but they sound less metal to me than the previous album, and definitely more "Deftones-esque". There's even a semi-cheesy song that includes a female vocalist that sounds way too close to the young lady from Evanescence for my tastes.

3. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yeah...seems to me that they're staying with the Nu-Metal sound. I've only heard bits and pieces of it (my drummer has it-I had to turn him on to the older stuff..), but it's nothing like the Jester Race.

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    it's pretty dull stuff. It's not as good as Colony and it's certainly not as good as Reroute to Remain.

Soilwork ftw!

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I actually really like it. I think it's a lot better than the last. I would say that ti required a few listens for me to catch everything going on though. :bassist:

6. +1

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I really like it. There are a couple of standout tracks, but overall its a very solid album.