1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

In honor of Nicholas Harris, name your favorite Catalinbread pedals for bass!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MGR, Mar 11, 2016.

1. MGR

MGR Banned

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    PRetty much self-explanatory. This thread is intended as a one-stop for fans of Catalinbread pedals for bass. My hope is that you not only list the pedal, but say why you like it as well.

With me, I love the Belle Epoch. Absolutely amazingly warm, yet clear sounding delay. Nails the echoplex sound and feel, and is my #1 go to pedal for the very rare times I use delay on bass.

2. rizzo9247

rizzo9247 Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2008
    NYC
    WiiO

johnk_10 likes this.
  3. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    SFT. In front of either of my Ampeg amps (PF800, V4B), I can add in a nice mid-aggressive grind. It's really toothy and responds to dynamics very well.
    Played in front of my Fender Bassman TV15, I love to dial in a poor-man's version of a B15 tone.

It's a great medium level drive.

4. chaosmic

chaosmic

Feb 6, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    I've got 2 Manx Loaghthan's that are both killer on bass...

5. I bought a Formula 5f6 to use with my guitar, but when I bought an amp more similar to the tweed sound, it became redundant. Thankfully, it's fantastic on bass, too! I'd love a SFT on the board too.

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Love the Heliotrope.

7. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    WiiO and the SFT.

8. As I stated in another thread, Catalinbread is the most frequent brand on my board. This was never the intention, it just happend. :) I'd say the biggest reason I often end up with Catalinbread is innovation in sound. They're really creative coming up with alternative ways to sculpt and tweak sound. And also, the tones are sooo inspirational!

Favorite? That one is difficult. I enjoy all of them. The ones I have:
    SFT - great touch sensitive overdrive. The EQ is very tweakable (and highly interactive), and musical.
    Echorec - was my solution when I looked for the greatest delay sound after ditching the multi-delay pedal. Again, very touch responsive and percussive.
    Antichthon - Great fuzz by itself and very fun inspiration and noisemaker. Not your typical bass pedal.
    Karma Suture - Probably better for guitar, but I've used it with both. Amazing sound/break up/sustain, great versatility.
    Adineko - Again, wasn't really looking for this type of pedal, but it sounded to good to pass on. Just got it, but intend to use it for slight modulation and added air, as well as for longer delay for solo work.

Honourable mention to the Belle Epoch, which I don't own yet, but probably will since it sounds so good.

It's a big loss and a very tragic incident.

Cheers,
    Kalle

johnk_10 likes this.
  9. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I've only tried two, but I like them both as always-on tone shapers. The WIIO and SFT.

10. grillman

grillman

Dec 15, 2014
    Sabbra Cadabra.

M. Harris will be missed