1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

in need a new body

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Benberg, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Benberg

Benberg Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2011
    So I own a G&L tribute l-2000 thats had it body cut up, i received this as a gift and im thinking of parting ways with it. The problem is that i doubt anyone would buy it with the way the body is(or worth little to no value). Does anyone know how much it would cost for someone to create a body replica that's suitable for the bass? or how hard it would be to create my own?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,

Alex

2. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2010
    CO
    Wow

3. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    I know it's a Tribute, but isn't there some sort of special hell for people who do this kind of thing to L2Ks?:eek:

4. Benberg

Benberg Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Haha, I'm not sure, it's the first time I've ever seen something like this, it still plays well and sounds great, its also lighter.... so i guess that's a plus to it!

Been thinking of selling it and I'm not sure anyone would purchase it in the shape the bodies in.

5. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Me too my belly is getting too big.

6. Buy a nice piece of ash and make the body you always wanted to have.
    Nice project to start building basses.
    Everything is there.

Or you can just saw that ugly piece of and glue on another piece , totaly different kind of wood, don't try to hide it, and reshape it.

7. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Anybody will buy anything if the price is right. Getting a new body made and finshed will probably cost you upwards of$300, you see thse bodies on ebay ocassionally, I have seen a couple this year. Good luck

8. Clydesauce

Clydesauce

May 12, 2012
    I would personally buy that bass. We would be the ugly duo.