1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

In need of a Luthier in Memphis, TN.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by stabbicus, Mar 25, 2009.

1. stabbicus

stabbicus

Jan 18, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    As the title says, I am looking for a luthier in the Memphis, TN area. Anybody know of one?

2. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    There used to be a cat that worked out of Strings and Things. Can't remember his name off hand but he was the best in town then. Been about 10 Years since I was there though.

Let me know who works there now.
    Later R.

3. stabbicus

stabbicus

Jan 18, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Strings and Things is no more. They just remodeled the building and turned it into a venue. Minglewood is what they call it I believe.

4. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    They are no longer on Madison? When I was there last they had just moved there from the original location. They spent a bankroll remodeling the place on madison. Strange.

Later R.

5. eno50

eno50

Jan 31, 2009
    North of Memphis
    Wow I did'nt know that Strings & things closed either,Used to go there years ago. It must have been in the last 5 years or so.
    Anyway if you don't mind driving alittle there is a guy in Dyersburg Tenn ,I think is name is Mike Harris who does good work you can call Owenbys Music in Dyersburg and speak with the owner Shane Owensby and he can give the info,people drop off repairs
    at the music store and Mike picks the work up there.
    I dont have the # but you can look it up or call information for the #.

Eno

6. stabbicus

stabbicus

Jan 18, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks for the info eno!

7. Weimhunter

Weimhunter

Mar 2, 2007
    Mississippi
    www.pwogs.com he is the best around and has a great shop. Tupelo MS. Check out what he did with my 67 pbass. Look for the zebra bass. I can get u a list of referrals.

8. stabbicus

stabbicus

Jan 18, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Wow! Seems like those guys know what they are doing.