Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

IN NEED OF HELP! respond ASAP!!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tucker, Apr 3, 2001.

1. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    I have a very important question about electroncs on my bass. First all last night I was cleaning my bass and I took the pickups and dusted them off. Then I realized that there was dust under the knobs so i puled the knobs off and cleaned them. Then when I went to put them back on one of the turn shafts came loose. The knob does not play at all. but i do ave two other knobs to play with.
    Now I dont have money but I am willing to spend what ever it takes to get it fixed or replaced. I was planning on getting new pickups and I thought that getting them would change the knobs. Do they or do they not? I need to know very soon cause I have a gig at the end of May and need it by then but I have to practice with it cause its all I have. So would I need to buy new pickups or get the electronics on it fixed or replaced?!?!!!?!?! What about the knobs.!!?? Please respond ASAP.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

New pups that I know of don't come with new pots. That would involve getting new onboards. What happened? Did the shaft "sink" down into the body?

3. It sounds like you need a new "pot". Most basses use 250-k pots and they are very inexpensive through any guitar parts supplier. You might check with the manufacturer to be sure the new pot will match your existing ones.

4. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Ok I have already fixed my knobs/pots/ whatever you want to call it. What happened is that when I pulled the knob off to clean it the shaft thing cam up with it too. It was a *itch to get back on but I finally have it. I was so worried But the volume isnt as great as before. Well i guess i have to be careful with it but thanx for the advice , etc. I checked on the back nad i said 500k i dunno if hats right but is what came with it.