1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

in need of some help

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by remaster, Jun 7, 2003.

  1. remaster


    Jul 17, 2002
    At the moment i am writing an essay on the double bass and have got to the techniques part. I was just wondering what the technique is called were you trun the bow upside down and hit the strings with the wood of the bow. If any body knows what this is called could they please post back and dose any dody now what techniques are involved in this.

    please help
  2. Chris Fitzgerald

    Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

    Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    The most common score indication for this is the Italian col legno, but this effect will also sometimes be found in German scores as mit Holz, and in French scores as avec le bois.
  3. remaster


    Jul 17, 2002
    thanks :)