In Need Of Something With Zest

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NYBassMan, Nov 12, 2005.

1. NYBassMan

Oct 19, 2003
    East Meadow, NY
    I am in search of a luthier to speak to. I desire something pretty specific but not too complicated. I'm looking to spend in the area of 1500-2000 for what I have in mind. Any luthiers interested in getting some business...feel free to reply or PM. I would ask directly but there are so many guys here who build. I would like to see who can jive in my arena. New builders are also welcome...i am not limiting this to those who are very well known. thanks a lot.

2. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    I'm not a builder, I'm just curious...

What's the scope of your project?

Good luck,

3. NYBassMan

Oct 19, 2003
    East Meadow, NY
    35" scale 6 string with 19-21mm spacing at bridge. I get flubbed when I try to pop strings on a 6er. I mean I'm sure a decent amount of practice on one would eliminate all errors but what can you do. I have a vague design choice however I'm no artist so putting my thoughts on paper is tough. We'll see what happens.

4. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Chris Stambaugh might do it.
  5. NYBassMan

Oct 19, 2003
    East Meadow, NY
    you be honest with you this is really what i'm after......
  6. kovachian

Nov 5, 2005

From what I've seen, those three makers are probably the most competitively priced boutiques on the market. There may be others, but I wouldn't know. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the above choices.

Out of curiosity, what kind of design are you after? Neck thru, bolt-on, single or double cutaway?

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member