In need of suggestions on an amp modeller for headphone play

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by carp3n0ct3m, Jan 3, 2006.

1. carp3n0ct3m

Aug 4, 2005
    Here's my dilemma.

I was originally set on getting a guitar PODxt for use with both my bass and guitar as a headphone amp modeller but some of my funds ended up being depleted with having to purchase books for school leaving me $100 short of a PODxt. Now I'm starting to question whether or not the PODxt is the best choice for a headphone amp modeller.

What do you guys think, should I just save and get the PODxt, or is there a better amp modeller out there around the same price if not less than the PODxt? Also, I mostly play through headphones and have no plans on joining or starting a band, or else I would just get a regular amp and use the headphone out.

I've looked a little at the Cafe Walter but kinda want something I can try before I buy, or at least have an easy way of returning if I don't like it.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions,
  2. lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Korg PX4B

great little tool

metronome, drumm beats
    ability to record 30 sec of music and then slow it down without losing pitch
  3. Tascam Cd-BT1MKII not an amp simulators, Some effects Good for practicing and learning new songs. Built in tuner. Under 200.00 last time I checked. :cool:
  4. carp3n0ct3m

Aug 4, 2005
    Awesome, thanks guys. Does anyone know if I'd be able to add something like a distortion pedal I own between my bass and either of these units, I don't see why not, but I'm still a noob so I don't know for sure.

Also, if anyone has any more suggestions regarding headphone amp modellers, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,
  5. carp3n0ct3m

Aug 4, 2005
    I just found out that the PX4B has been discontinued, has anyone had any experience with the PX4D, it's like the PX4B except for bass and guitar? This looks like exactly what I've been looking for, something for both bass and guitar, but what's the quality like, and does it compare to the POD or PODxt?

Thanks in advance for your help,