1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

In Praise of DannDubblEwe

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dlenaghan, Aug 13, 2012.

1. So I got a brilliant Mastrotron clone recently from John K, and it has restored my faith in fuzz since my ZVex Mammoth crapped out for whatever reason with my Bisonic and Darkstar Guilds.. I took a chance on John's build because it included a 'push' control and selectable subs that I thought might work, and lo! There Was Fuzz!

But I wanted something more, and I'd seen Dan's work on some of his sale threads, and I wanted to share the pics he's just sent me of the re-housed Mastrotron/Mammoth.

I couldn't be happier.

Want some art? This guy will get it done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(The slogan is this inside joke thing from a previous band, it's mangled German and Dutch and basically says, 'Talk the talk'..)

2. NICE! Looks fantastic man! He does such good work... I'm still a little suprised there isn't more of these threads. There should be...

3. Niff

Niff

Mar 18, 2007
    New Zealand
    once i can find someone to machine me an aluminium treble pup cover for my rick, dan's my man.

4. I should also say the artwork is by Mark of Scribble Designs in the Netherlands, a friend of the band. Great work from him too at www.scribbledesign.nl.

5. Is the little button in the middle a push button or a small toggle?

6. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    and that's why my first re-house/project I want for one of my pedals is (hopefully) going his way! looking good!

7. It's a 3-way mini toggle for 'subs' - basically a bass boost, or at least it sounds like it. I've been told it's pretty much a Mastrotron but I'm not very familiar with it: John K built a Mammoth clone, then added a "push" control to control how much of the signal is affected by the fuzz (but it's not a blend.. it's.. different, I really don't know the technical side of these things) and the subs mini-toggle. It really lets you turn on massive lows and keep that ridiculous wooly chop, and with the 'push' control on it, I never have any issues with impedance or whatever made my Mammoth respond so badly to my Guilds. I've heard it's also a great solution for active basses with the Mammoth/Mastrotron.

8. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I am thinking may I should tap Dan to rehouse my two Guyatone comps into a single box and make it all look dignified and fancy.

9. Very nice etching, and some nice photos too.

10. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Danno does awesome work. For those who like Mammoth/Mastotron fuzzes and his etching work, keep an eye out for a project he and I are working on. If all goes as planned they will be amazing.