In praise of the Zoom MS60B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by songwriter21, Dec 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Hi All,

I still can't get over how amazing this little pedal is. It's the only pedal I have, and is my preamp, then it goes into a Radial DI...that's it...no amp or cab most of the time (I use in-ear monitors). It sounds ridiculous, and for $100. Huh??? I dialed in tones last night for my new bass, and it ROARS. I just wish that I didn't have to crouch down to change the settings every time...suppose I need to learn how to change tones with the ABC setting engaged by tapping the pedal button. Regardless, this thing is possibly? a hidden gem, in the sense that it coaxes all of the growl that I used to get from my GK 1001RB-II head, and A LOT more.

Who's lovin' this thing?

OzzyGreg, CharlieC and ProfFrink like this.
  2. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    I've never owned the 60B but I just got the 100BT because I wanted some guitar flexibility. I'm pretty happy in my initial tests. Does anybody else have the 100BT?

OzzyGreg likes this.
  3. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Supporting Member

4. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Bassmike62 likes this.
  5. Bassmike62

Not sure I understand ?
    The 1st link is the megathread, the other 2 are patch idea threads, necropain's being the most used, I believe.

6. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    I'm subscribed to that mega thread. But I got an alert about this thread in my notifications in the upper right because I get notifications for most new threads in the effects forum, but without paying attention I assumed it was the mega thread that I'm subscribed to, not a new thread.

Bassmike62 likes this.
  7. Bassmike62

Got it.
    I had the 100BT last year... impressive enough, but a bit overkill for what I need. Switched it to my guitar set-up for a while then flipped it for something else. One thing for sure, Zoom nailed it big with this line. I'm looking for a 2nd 60B, to be used as preamp for one of my basses. Don't wanna touch the LS-2/60B combo, that works so well for me effect-wise. Now, if Zoom could only update the 60B's software and add 1 or 50 goodies on it :).

Adamixoye likes this.
  8. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Thanks for weighing in. My biggest complaint was that the acoustic simulator had a crackle to it, I wonder if I should place a comp in front of it or something. But I liked the defretting effect, Ice delay, and more.

Bassmike62 likes this.
  9. I do agree it is a sweet pedal, mucho goodness in such a small package. These days the MS60b and a passive DI are all I need for the C&W gig.

songwriter21 likes this.
  10. Yep, I have both as a matter of fact.
    The MS100-BT is probably the better of the two IMO. Does pretty much everything the MS60-B does and lot more.
    eg. 6 effects per patch, shop for bass or guitar effects and upload them, etc. etc.

Adamixoye likes this.
  11. If only the MS100bt worked w Android it would be almost perfect. Have even considered buying an old iphone or ipad for that reason.

OzzyGreg and Adamixoye like this.
  12. AlexBassMP

AlexBassMP

Feb 5, 2014
    Barcelona
    I was thinking about trying the MS60B with a DI and going FOH.. I'm a little bit scared about noise..

How does it work?

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 22, 2021