Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

In Progress shots!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by 311fan, Oct 10, 2005.

1. 311fan

311fan

Jul 20, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    This will be my 2nd bass. Its a Carvin neck through with black korina wings.

2. hey, those are some of the coolest horns i've seen in a while!
    I like it!

3. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    Cool shape! I hope you're going to do some major carving on those horns, that would be super sweet.

4. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    I have a funny story about the carvin neck-thru.......i also used one of those for my first bass. Towards the rear end of the neck, where the bridge goes, they make a small, circular route or indentation. I ASSUMED that was the scale length mark for the bridge saddles, and I slapped the bridge on there and strung it up only to find out that I had put the bridge in the wrong place. Needless to say I had to fill in my pickup route so I could put the bridge in the correct space.
    Please don't make the same stoopid mistake I did. Measure twice to make sure you got your scale length correct!
    They make that same indentation in their guitar neck-thru blanks, and on the guitar one , the indentation was a perfect match for the scale length..........go figure!
    Why is that indentation there anyway?

5. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    Could be an index for their CNC.