In search of Ampeg B-50r

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JohnQPublic, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Can anyone tell me where to find an Ampeg B-50r combo? I'm interested in either the Ampeg 50-B or a SWR Workingman10 to use for practice & coffeehouse gigs. However, it doesn't seem like anyone carries the B50 anymore (only the B100).
    I have seen used ones on Ebay but would rather buy new or from a dealer I trust.
  2. Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    I don't believe that Ampeg produces the B50-R any longer. They go used for very reasonable money and much better sounding (IMHO) than the SWR Workingman series amps. I used to have a Workingman combo and I now own a B50-R and, to my ears, there's no comparison.
  3. Deaj,
    Thanks for your reply to my question about the Ampeg B50 combo. I thought they probably stopped making them but hoped I was wrong. Oh well, now I just need to find a used one somewhere.

Anyone here know of a used Ampeg B-50R for sale at a reputable dealer? I have found quite a few used B-100’s but haven’t seen any of the 50’s.
  4. bino

bino Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Give a call to Bass NW. I routinely see them pop up on there used amp webpage. They may hold the next one they get in for you. And you're both right, they sound great and go fairly cheap used.