1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

In search of my old Carvin LB70P 4-string bass - do you own it now?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Oct 11, 2010.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I used to have a Carvin bass that I really regret selling. I don't have pictures but I can describe it clearly.

It's an LBP70 4-string. The body is alder with a maple neck through neck. The body and headstock are topped with figured walnut. The pickups are an MM/J combo and the MM is splittable with a switch. The hardware is all gold. The ebony fretboard has abalone blocks. The bridge has piezo saddles in it.

I sold it about five years ago to someone here on TB. Do you own it? If so, would you be willing to sell or trade it back to me?

2. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I also widened the nut slots so it could be strung BEAD and the new owner got the nut replaced.

3. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    It also came in a tweed Carvin hardshell case.

4. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Did it have a clear finish or did it have a transparent color over the figured maple?

Just trying to make it a little easier to ID.

Good luck with your search!

5. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Thanks! My mistake - it was figured walnut and it had a clear coat.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021