1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

In Search of New Equipment

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by FunkyMonkCP, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Been a while since I have posted on the boards. It's good to be back. Today I have a question on how to record to my PC at the same or similar quality (or non-quality) level as the examples in the videos below. Normally I would not start a new thread but I just spent the last five hours searching the forums but could not find a good consensus. Please do me a huge favor and ignore who the artist is. Occasionally in the past when I or others have asked similar questions, who the artist is seems to cloud the replies.

and one non-Modulus one

For years I have only had the M-Audio Fast Track USB (original). I have never liked it and barely used it. Anything I recorded using it sounded either thin or way too noisy. It is time for me to try something else.

My current equipment is as follows:
    • Modulus Flea 4 w/OBP-1 and Lane Poor pickup
    • 2001RB-II
    • 410RBH
    • 115RBH
    • Line 6 Relay G90
    • Assortment of pedals

Do I use DI or get a mic like an SM57? It would be preferable if the total cost of everything is under $1,000 and much better if under $500. I would also prefer to get whatever I need off of Amazon Prime if at all possible.

I appreciate the help.