1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

In-store with Digitech Freqout

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Swimming Bird, Nov 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Finally got a chance to try the Freqout in-store - pretty sweet! It works very well- tracking is good (sub is a little weird), onset and gain are smooth in either autodetect or momentary mode. It can give you very feedback-y sounds and would probably benefit from some dirt later in the chain. I gravitated to the sub sound. While it invariably has a delayed onset, it could be great for adding heaviness or sfx deep lows.

Implementation is clever and it does a great number of tricks really well. I'm thinking it'd be especially cool for synth sounds as you can think of the feedback note as a sine wave that tracks input at a selectable interval.

Pretty cool pedal for sure.

2. I just watched the Tone Report video for this thing. Judging by the look on his face Andy really likes it. Neat pedal.

3. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    You know, I was sort of 'meh' about it in the store. Then writing it up I realized it did everything it says on the box and felt more positive. Now, GASsing over it, I am thinking of how I should probably have three on the board...

Say, @DigiTechRep, what's are the minimum and maximum onset times?

Btw, anyone try the feedbacker on the Boss MS-3?

4. My guitarist uses his to awesome effect.

5. Tom Von Kramm

Tom Von Kramm Commercial User

Jul 19, 2012
    Oh jeez, I don't know! Counter-clockwise is pretty much instant, but the slow onset I can't really remember.

Swimming Bird likes this.
  6. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Best Pedal of 2017. I got one for my guitar board, and it's bleeping amazing. Real, natural, controllable feedback at sane volumes.

DigiTechRep and jimfist like this.
  7. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!" Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I got one on a whim to mess around with at home on my bass. It was a bit esoteric for me to use on the gig, but used with a guitar and an amp/cab modeler at home for low volume monitoring, the FreqOut is really, really neat! I loaned it to a guitarist friend who uses the AxeFxII and a wedge monitor for live gigging, and he loves the feedback simulation. Works great.

DigiTechRep likes this.