Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

In Studio Recording Pics

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mark beem, May 31, 2003.

1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    About two months ago my band Lonesome Moe was asked to contribute a song to the tribute CD for Brother Cane, "The Road"

You might remember Brother Cane from the 90's. They had a few top 10 songs including "Got no Shame" and "Fools Shine On". We chose a song off their debut cd called "Stone's Throw Away".

The cd will be released sometime this fall.

Here are a few pics from the recording session.

Here's our lead vocalist Raeph Hargrove doing vocal tracks..

2. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    My brother Michael.... Rhythm Guitar

3. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Our incredible lead guitarist Paul Ferguson..

4. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Mike Gawerecki on drums....

5. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    And yours truly..... Peavey Cirrus 6 string.. I just ran direct to the board through my SansAmp Bass Driver DI..

Bass..

DI..

6 pack of Dos Equis..

:D

6. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Not everyone was as excited as we were...

7. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Nice. So was it a fun session, or a normal session? Where'd you do it?

8. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Yeah, it was a blast!! I was a little apprehensive because there were a couple of guys in the band ( my brother, and Paul ) who had never been in a REAL studio before.. Didnt know how things would go for them being under the gun like that.. Those of you who remember your first time in a studio know what Im referring to.. ;)

However it was fantastic. Mikey and I got the bass and drum tracks down in one take. Paul had a solo written but decided he wanted to be spontaneous and improvised a solo on the spot (DAMN HIS HANDS!!!)!! There were a couple of clams that had to be fixed, but overall, it was the easiest recording experience I've ever had!

We recorded at Soundworks Studios in Decatur ( that's in north west Alabama for those who might not know..). We signed the release forms last night and the cd should be ready for release sometime in October.