1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

In... teresting...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dertygen, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Dertygen

Dertygen

Dec 21, 2008
    A-Town, Colorado

Now, all I can say is... I love Trabens but... hmmm.

Can someone confirm for me that this is merely... a tone knob/volume difference and nothing really from the bridge?

2. Really who cares?
    THEY LOOK BADASS! :D
    lol

3. I really doubt that test. By showing that the bass with the bigger bridge produces bigger waveform, they only prove the signal that comes into the console is louder. Personally I think this test is dishonest. I doubt a different bridge can boost the signal that much.

4. tell that to the bad ass bridge fanatics..... stand up you know who you are :p

5. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    +1 etc,

6. woah..there are just so many flaws in this video..
    ..does this trick anyone who isnt a complete noob?

7. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    What would be more useful would be to use the same bass with the standard bridge on it, record it, swap for the Traben bridge on it, record it, then compare.

8. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Yup, the vid is a failure, should be a double blind, with one bass, done independintly of Traben.

But, the bridge, IMO, does have an impact, a pretty noticable one too.

9. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    +1.

The Badass Bridge is pretty much the same concept that the bigger the bridge the better the tone. It is neaerly twice as big as standard Fender bridges, and I have played those Trabens, and I love their sound. The only reason I don't have one is because I love my Warwick haha.