In The “Are you KIDDING Me??” Department..,

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Geri O, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Geri O

Geri O Endorsing Artist, Mike Lull Guitars and Basses Gold Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
  2. promdates

promdates

Jun 2, 2019
    Slidell, LA
    Stick figure, pointing mouth agape.

"The pinnacle" I would hope so!

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

They have a model with 18 drivers!!!!!
    [​IMG]

JRA likes this.
  4. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    All the vendors are pushing for the "#1" slot ..
    To be fair - JH Audio has had a set (admittedly with more drivers) for near that price point for [maybe] 2 yrs.. the Layla series. BASIC is $2725.
    The 64 Noir's have a 4-way xover with 3 BA's and a DD, but the Layla is 3-way with 12 BA's and no DD.

I think 64 has rotated toward the "audiophile" market because those folks are willing to pay for them.
    I love my A8's but, I WON'T be upgrading to their N8's anytime soon.. far too rich a price point for me.

Still, I wonder where it will all end? A $5k set of customs ?? :banghead:

5. Robb Fesig

Robb Fesig

Mar 14, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I said it jokingly a few months ago, but I'm starting to believe dRiVeR MAdnEsS is a real thing.

blastoff99, JRA and s0c9 like this.
  6. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    Graduates of the P.T. Barnum School of marketing? ;)

Downunderwonder, Wisebass and JRA like this.
  7. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    Downunderwonder, Geri O and s0c9 like this.
  8. I have a set of A12 and love them but they are really expensive. These 'Fourte' Noir' are ridiculously priced but I understand that when Beyonce comes looking for the best set money can buy, she needs to be presented with a big bill to show that they are the very best.

9. Samatza

Samatza

Apr 15, 2019
    Australia
    IEM? I just gaffa a pair of 15’s to my head.
    On a serious note: where are they going with these prices? That’s ludicrous.

10. mpm32

mpm32

Jan 23, 2009
    You can pre-qualify for financing on them, I'm in! lol

11. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    that would at least make some kind of sense for a "best of the best" clientele, as opposed to a set of $4000 universal fits :eek:

i suspect a set of $800 custom molds done right would blow away those silly things

s0c9 likes this.
  12. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    Who knows.. still believe they have decided to target the audiophile market and I'm sure there's some of that "one upmanship" going between vendors :)

Geri O likes this.
  13. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    I’ve listened to some audiophile gear near and at that price range, and it really does sound *that* good. However, the law of diminishing returns is very real, and you do not need to spend that much cash to get some damn good audio.

Also it’s somewhat ironic to me seeing this posted on a forum where some people spend up to that much if not much more on bass guitars and amplifiers.

fokof and s0c9 like this.
  14. Geri O

Geri O Endorsing Artist, Mike Lull Guitars and Basses Gold Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    I’m the guy that started the post.

Funny you mention the ironic part. I play a bass that cost nearly 4 grand new (I bought it new, paid nowhere near that). Was I wrong to create the post? Is irony a bad thing?

15. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    Are you kidding me???

16. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    ROFL - I see what you did there! :D

17. blastoff99

blastoff99 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA
    Well, finally IEMs that will give me that low end I've been missing - I know the rest of you probably don't have need for this, but my golden ears require this range. Pfffft, the rest of you can have your umpteen drivers; I'll take me some 5Hz!

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021