1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

in the end i maybe lost my bass and pedal board

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Sep 27, 2008.

1. i went to a festival last night which had multiple halls/venues/stages with multiple festival activities going on at the same time. it was all really big but a little not so well organized. i was going to be playing with two bands in three events. one battle of the bands competition with an ameture band and two gigs with my other semi-pro bands. but when i reached the place i was lost and had no clue about where and when would these be happening:confused: nor did everyone i asked knew :meh:

then i noticed that i left my pedal board somewhere so am totally shocked and going crazy looking all around:( when i find my board i realize i dont have my bass! ***?:rollno: so again i am like frantic tic toc tic tic tic toc going crazy crazy looking for it. later i find it lying flat on the ground on the grass between a few chairs somewhere. finally i manage to find the location for the battle of the bands. "where the **** were you Varun?" i hear my band members screaming... then later i am playing the battle set with a new MM sterling which the sound guy takes back from me as soon as the set finishes:confused::confused:

i just woke up five minutes back, first ran to this room to check if i still have all my gear. phew! bad dreams. the other day i dreamt i was going somewhere with my bass and a big bus hits from the side and the bass is now broken:bawl::spit:
    am sure this is happening after i read the thread about insuring your gear with insurance companies and all. damn! if some thing happens to my squier bass i would'nt be able to buy another one for AGES:atoz:

sorry for the long post, but i had to put it all down here. i am still feeling kinda whacked out and i am afraid to go back and sleep. **** ****

2. Elemetal

Elemetal

Mar 10, 2006
    Guy how ****ing drunk and stoned are you?

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Cali Intergalactic Mind Space - always on the edge
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4. aye! am clean. really as clean as it gets

5. DanRJBrasil

DanRJBrasil

Jun 10, 2007
    +1

6. HomeBrewTJ

HomeBrewTJ

May 16, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    so, did you lose them or not?

7. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Huh?

8. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    Lemme break it down for you illiterate fools.

Cat has recurring nightmares about losing his gear.

9. haha thanks! yes thats whats been happening more or less :meh:

10. its midnight here.. should i go to sleep? what do you guys do in your times of recurring nightmares??

11. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    Try some yogic meditation. And lock your bass up under your bed before you go to sleep. Think happy thoughts, or sleep with the lights on.

12. or should i just keep playing all night long?? ;) :D