In the event of a zombie apocolypse...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Danni Moe, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Danni Moe

Danni Moe

Mar 2, 2011
    Which bass would you take to the grave with you and which neck (assuming you have or can easily get your hands on another bass) would you fashion into a weapon?

I'll go first:

I'd probably keep my soon-to-be Franken-P and sacrifice my Ibby.

And you don't just have access to a gun... of any kind.

2. worxforme

worxforme Self Actualized Bad Speller

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Are you watching the Walking Dead?

3. I wouldn't waste time whittling a bass neck into a weapon, I'd get something made to slay. Preferably a gun.

4. Tampabass

Tampabass Going Viral By 2080 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
    I watched the first six episodes again over the last week. And then saw last night's season premiere. Wasn't disappointed. Intrigued by several of the shifts in the relationships. And the ending was a bit of a shocker - if you know what happens next (from the comic book series), please don't reveal it here.

5. Tampabass

Tampabass Going Viral By 2080 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
    what bass is best for penetrating a zombie brain (aside from decapitation, the only way to kill 'em for sure)?

6. devilock76

devilock76

May 25, 2009
    In the event of a zombie apocalypse and I go to the closet to get a bass that same locked closet also contains several shotguns. So ideally don need to choose a bass for defensive tactics.

7. Danni Moe

Danni Moe

Mar 2, 2011
    And if you need to fight your way to a gun, then what?

8. Danni Moe

Danni Moe

Mar 2, 2011
    You just have several shotguns?

9. GypsyMan

GypsyMan

Jun 30, 2011
    Texas
    Just got through watching the season opener.
    Great show!

On to he question at hand. I've got one of those attics with the pull down stairs. Too easy! Finish it out, reroute the AC, get my Dog LoLa up there, several mini fridges, computer, My Bass, IPOD, Amp and live comfortably!

Bleh!
    Wait them out and enjoy!

Remember last season, the guy in the CDC? That would be me, Except I would have my music to keep me sane!
    I'll be playing Rooster - Alice in chains when the Zombies are close!

Oh here's Lola;

10. Danni Moe

Danni Moe

Mar 2, 2011
    Maybe a BC Rich but then again, you don't want to waste a lot of time and energy swinging the whole bass. If you're a body builder or professional athlete and you just happen to have a BCR Ironbird, swing on brah!

11. JP Morin

JP Morin

Mar 15, 2011
    Quebec
    Well, 10 gauge shotguns sounds more loud and bassy than 12 gauge shotguns so... let's bring the 10 gauge !!!

12. Danni Moe

Danni Moe

Mar 2, 2011
    I was thinking a playlist comprised of RATM, Wu Tang Clan and Metallica.

13. VitalSigns

VitalSigns

May 8, 2011
    Central NY
    Well if you didn't watch the Walking Dead last night a big part of it was guns are loud and you should only use them when lage swarms come at you :spit:

So any way a Gene Simmons with the blade sharpened :D you might still be able to play it after too.

Or you could take the neck off of a bass, chop off the headstock and sharpen the top ;)

14. This is where having a large number of effects comes into play. Strike one note, let my looper/delay/arpeggiator do its thing, crank to 11, get to elevated tactical position, engage suppressor, profit.

15. Danni Moe

Danni Moe

Mar 2, 2011
    I don't think they show Walking Dead in Brazil and wouldn't make more sense to keep the head stock. A headless Charvel neck doesn't seem very useful.

16. VitalSigns

VitalSigns

May 8, 2011
    Central NY
    If you sharpen where the headstock once was, I think it would be good for stabing zombies.

17. Danni Moe

Danni Moe

Mar 2, 2011
    Why not just sharpen the headstock.

18. I'm still not wasting time whittling. :D :D My Mikro's light enough to swing whole hog, break into (hopefully) a sharp point, then stab some zombies through their undead skulls. Or I have an axe I carry in my Jeep, the Wilson Combat Tanto Cop Tool I have with me most times of the day, the Jeep itself, a human shield.

Whatever happens, I will improvise ;)

Peace,
    Greg

19. tsunami1052

tsunami1052 What the Funk?

Sep 13, 2005
    Wyoming
    triple_minigun.jpg
    55403.jpg
    ZombieGuns_01.gif
    zombie-preparation-guns-zombie-mp5-demotivational-poster-1282109041.jpg

20. Danni Moe

Danni Moe

Mar 2, 2011
    Reading is fundamental people.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021