Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

In the garden of Eden baby.......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Landyachtz, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Landyachtz

Landyachtz

Sep 5, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    David Eden that is....

today was like early christmas, my Eden WT550 came from Bass Central with the eden bag, and my body and neck came from Warmoth for my Deluxe 5 P bass project(3A birdseye neck, Hard Ash body, Nordie Dual Coils, OBP1 or Sad. pre) :hyper:

The Eden sounds AMAZING, I was previously using an aguilar db659 through a carvin DCM1000 (decibels reduced). First off the power section is much better matched for my GS212. I LOVE the semi parametric EQ, it's very easy to get an amazing sound if you know what frequencies to look for. On top of that the broad band low and high boosts are good for slap, with the same semi settings. This amp can have that clean hifi sound, or a lot of tube warmth, it's very flexible, and it added a lot of body to my jazz bass. It's really fully across the entire range, everything cuts through. I'm still messing with settings, but I'm already in love with this amp. :)

I'll save the warmoth parts for another thread :)

2. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Congrats! I love how versatile that amp is - punch and sizzle for days, but it can get a very warm, full sound also. And the power is rated VERY conservatively...

3. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Got me!
    I thought for sure... oh no, it can't be.... someone's actually got a post about In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida!! :eek:

A post about a new Eden though - congrats!!

4. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    I agree, I wasn't too happy with the aggie pre, of course now I'm using a bass pod pro, but I use the Eden setting. I can't wait to get an Eden head or pre.

Irie