1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

In the hunt for a new Bass Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Droopy, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Droopy

Droopy

Oct 18, 2009
    I have been play through an Eden Nemesis NC-210 with 2 10" speakers. Love the amp but it not the hot sound I am looking for. I have been heading towards SWR. I have liked what I have hear so far. The problem is my experience level is low.

Any ideas for a hot blues and rock bass amp?

Thanks Droop!:help:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    There are so many different amps out there that picking an amp for you is impossible. You could love what I love or hate it just as easily. My advice would be to go play amps and buy the one that speaks to you in your price range.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Huge +1. Lots of people ask this question, but the truth is, no one can pick an amp for you. You must use your own ears. Folks who buy amps online, well, I don't know about that. I'd guess at least half of them aren't happy in the end.

4. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I would look here and not turn back. I can't say enough good things about this amp. It sounds really good and you get go from a gritty, slightly overdriven tone to a smooth SWR-type warm tone. The combo is nice and light and the kickback-style really enables you to hear yourself without complaints from your bandmates. The volume on 3 is more than ample for my 2 guitar rock band. Made in the USA!

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=BR515N

[​IMG]

5. As others have said picking an amp is very subjective. You really need to listen to as many different amps as possible to find what you like.

I will totally agree with Lync on the Carvin amp. I have the 2x10 version of that amp and it is great! Only problem with Carvin is you can't hear it before you buy it. However, they do give you a 10 day return time if you don't like it.

6. TMBTC

TMBTC

Oct 18, 2009
    Milton,Fl
    I just ordered a new Peavey Tour Tko combo...... Still waiting for it, 400 watts for $350... seems like a great value... Hoping its not a MIC piece of crap. This is the first time I EVER bought something sight unseen, so I've got my fingers crossed.

http://www.pssl.com/Peavey-Tour-TKO-115-1-x-15-Bass-Combo-Amp-s

7. i agree with jimmyM. but at the same time, if your looking for a 210 i would suggest looking at / trying out the new ampeg 210 av
    it looks small and toyish, but sounds killer! and its cheap, witch is great for everyone. if i was just starting out again, i would buy one of those as i can see it being a long lasting cabinet at a "begginer's" price range. i play out of it for small gigs, and a 72 flatback 810 for bigger ones, and i'm still impressed with the tone and clean volume i get out of this little monster!