1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

In the market for an amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RockHarder, Aug 29, 2004.

1. RockHarder

RockHarder

Aug 29, 2004
    Hey all,
    I'm in the market for a combo bass amp. I was wondering how many watts is sufficient or worthwhile to play gigs with my band. Even more helpful would be some recommendations for models. I'm a guitar player, but i bought a Yahmaha bass a few years back that i would mess around on. I've been playing on a 25W Crate amp. Now that i'm playing bass in a band I need a bigger amp that can handle doing gigs. I'm thinking anywhere between 100-300W, keeping prices under 400. Any input or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i hate combos and your budget is a little low
    a used swr workingman's 15 wouldnt be bad and you could always put an extension cab on it
    if you are willing to cough up a little more dough i would say get a used eden 300 or 400 or swr 350 or sm-400 and a cabinet used or a new avatar cab
    there are other good head choices, just those are selling cheap cause they arent the latest greatest thing