1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

In the market for headset (attn. gamers)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by droppedurpocket, Aug 1, 2012.

1. droppedurpocket

droppedurpocket

Nov 11, 2011
    Plano, TX
  2. mkandolf

mkandolf

Nov 21, 2007
    Saint Clair, MI
    My adult boys and I use Turtle Beach although we use X11's and 41's (older models) and are on Xbox. Well worth the money for gaming. They really do give you great surround sound.

Be aware, do not expect to use them for your PC as well.

3. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

I've used a few. I have a dead pair of surround sound turtle beach headphones. They were never right from the start. I returned them two times ( rattle in the left ear on the first one and low over all sound from the second pair ) When I got a working set they lasted all of 2 months before the wiring harness went out. After that experience I wont be buying Turtle Beach. It was 150 bucks for a paper weight.

The PS3 headset ( no name, just 90 bucks and it's EXCELLENT ) is what I have now. It's wireless with a 7 hour battery life, sound excellent ( virtual 7.1 surround ) and you can chat with it ( sounds very clear not like they or you are in a tunnel ).

4. droppedurpocket

droppedurpocket

Nov 11, 2011
    Plano, TX
    How long is the cable on it. I'm fairly certain they aren't wireless correct?

5. droppedurpocket

droppedurpocket

Nov 11, 2011
    Plano, TX
    I saw the ps3 headset, those were my alternate if I didn't decide to go with the turtle beach

6. I equate buying turtle beach to buying monster cables... There are alternatives that will save some cash.

7. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have the stereo X12's and LOVE them. I'm not convinced that the surround technology really helps THAT much.

I was dead set on a wired headset. Unless you go very big (250+) there can be alot of interference. The wired part is a slight hassle but worth it IMO. The other part about the X12 that I love is that it is powered by the USB port on the XBOX itself, a big bonus. No running out of a charge during gaming or have to stop playing and no batteries. These 2 were big criteria for me when I bought. I got mine for 40 shipped, they sound awesome and couldn't be happier. Read the reviews...they are a big improvement over the previous generation X11.

By the way, you could always buy a stand alone surround processor and add it later if stereo is lacking for you.

8. droppedurpocket

droppedurpocket

Nov 11, 2011
    Plano, TX