in the market for....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by barroso, Dec 27, 2001.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i'm in the market for a new electric guitars, my price range is $500 $700. i'm a modest guitar player but i want to improve myself on a decent instrument. what i need is a versatile guitar with no tuning problems, no floyd rose style bridge, easy and confortable to play. i'd like to know if someome can help me.
    i live in italy and not everything is available, here the guitars i have seen and liked. .
    fender stratocaster classic '60
    that's a classic, made in mexico. plays well i think and i really like the stratocaster. much better built than the standard
    cort g290
    i think that this sounds better than others. equipped with seymour duncan pickups. sounds too good for me and i'm not so happy with the cosmetic. i prefer comething more classic.
    parker p 38
    lovely guitar but it doesn't sound so good to me as the others. the piezo is a great feature, but all these things on a budget guitars make me think that everything is cheap and i'm afraid about reliability...

i'd like to try a tele classic and a nashville tele too.
  2. nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    If I ever buy another one it will be a Parker.
  3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I have a P-38 and it's fantastic!

4. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i just bought a fender stratocaster classic '50 in surf green, i love it! that's good for me! i'm happy, guys!:D
  5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    you should'a gotten da Fender Telecaster.Congrats on the strat but I don't like the 3-pup configuration.gets in the way.tele's are my favorite even though i dont play guitar.i play my friends somtimes and my dad's plays guitar.
  6. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i love the tele too, but i needed a more versatile guitar and the strat felt easier to play. if i were able to try a nashville tele i loved to buy that guitar. here a bad pic of a nice guitar, mine!!
  7. Nice job on the strat, and yes the nashville tele is wonderful. I own one and its great.
  8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    The guitarist in my band has a P-38 and both he and I love the sound. The guitarist from my band in high school had a Parker Fly and that thing was amazing.
  9. parker flys are cool, I want to hear one with someone who knows how to use one. anyone know any recordings that showcase the "parker" sound?

for the $500-700 range, any one tried the Santana PRS? does it still have the PRS tone at that price?

my friend just bought a PRS custom 22, it has to be the nicest sounding guitar I've ever heard. not too into the strat tone, though I like it as a lead sometimes.
  10. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    yes, i played the santana. nice guitar but it was more pricey than the mexican strtocaster classic i ended buying. i prefer the sound of a strat too, i needed a versatile guitar and the strat sounded more versatile to me. i love the v shaped neck too. only thing i don't like too much is the pickguard, not a 3 plt w/b/w... but the guitar sounds really good to me. it's moderately priced and has all the features i need. with my amp i can get really good distorted sounds too so i don't need humbuckers for the moment. the santana is a really good guitar a little heavier than the strat, good sounding, i have never played a true PRS so i can't compare. i hate that santana logo.