1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

in the market for....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by barroso, Dec 27, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'm in the market for a new electric guitars, my price range is $500 $700. i'm a modest guitar player but i want to improve myself on a decent instrument. what i need is a versatile guitar with no tuning problems, no floyd rose style bridge, easy and confortable to play. i'd like to know if someome can help me.
    i live in italy and not everything is available, here the guitars i have seen and liked. .
    fender stratocaster classic '60
    that's a classic, made in mexico. plays well i think and i really like the stratocaster. much better built than the standard
    cort g290
    i think that this sounds better than others. equipped with seymour duncan pickups. sounds too good for me and i'm not so happy with the cosmetic. i prefer comething more classic.
    parker p 38
    lovely guitar but it doesn't sound so good to me as the others. the piezo is a great feature, but all these things on a budget guitars make me think that everything is cheap and i'm afraid about reliability...

i'd like to try a tele classic and a nashville tele too.

2. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    If I ever buy another one it will be a Parker.

3. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I have a P-38 and it's fantastic!

[​IMG]

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i just bought a fender stratocaster classic '50 in surf green, i love it! that's good for me! i'm happy, guys!:D

5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    you should'a gotten da Fender Telecaster.Congrats on the strat but I don't like the 3-pup configuration.gets in the way.tele's are my favorite even though i dont play guitar.i play my friends somtimes and my dad's plays guitar.

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i love the tele too, but i needed a more versatile guitar and the strat felt easier to play. if i were able to try a nashville tele i loved to buy that guitar. here a bad pic of a nice guitar, mine!!

7. Nice job on the strat, and yes the nashville tele is wonderful. I own one and its great.

8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    The guitarist in my band has a P-38 and both he and I love the sound. The guitarist from my band in high school had a Parker Fly and that thing was amazing.

9. parker flys are cool, I want to hear one with someone who knows how to use one. anyone know any recordings that showcase the "parker" sound?

for the $500-700 range, any one tried the Santana PRS? does it still have the PRS tone at that price?

my friend just bought a PRS custom 22, it has to be the nicest sounding guitar I've ever heard. not too into the strat tone, though I like it as a lead sometimes.

10. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    yes, i played the santana. nice guitar but it was more pricey than the mexican strtocaster classic i ended buying. i prefer the sound of a strat too, i needed a versatile guitar and the strat sounded more versatile to me. i love the v shaped neck too. only thing i don't like too much is the pickguard, not a 3 plt w/b/w... but the guitar sounds really good to me. it's moderately priced and has all the features i need. with my amp i can get really good distorted sounds too so i don't need humbuckers for the moment. the santana is a really good guitar a little heavier than the strat, good sounding, i have never played a true PRS so i can't compare. i hate that santana logo.