1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

In the opinion of yours truly Dunkin Donuts Hot Chocolate is better then Starbucks

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 22, 2006.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

This weekend with the arrival of cooler weather I went wild with myself and had my first Hot Chocolate of the season. After and A B analysis I wish to report to the Talk Bass Community that in my humble opinion I belive Dunkin Donuts produces a better Hot Chocolate beverage then the above mentioned Starbucks.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    As do I. The only thing you'll see me in Starbucks for is their hot caramel apple cider.

3. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Starbucks is fairly worthless for most things. ALL of their espresso based drinks are horrible tasting to anyone that knows better. I'm a barista, myself, in a small coffeeshop, and I can't bring myself to drink those worthless things that they label as lattes and cappuccinos.

4. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Tim Hortons can kick Dunkin Donuts ***
    ;)

-Mark

5. Dunkin Donuts > Starbucks for 95% of things.

Dunkin Donuts' Vanilla Chai > their hot chocolate by far though!

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Dunkin' Donuts coffee is also better than Starbucks...not really saying much though.

bc

7. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Inactive

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    A brown crayon in warm water is better than starbucks.

8. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    I feel like they're two different beasts. I'm more apt to drink DD at night because the arabica beans they use are milder and lack any real kick. But in the morning or during the day I need a much stronger roast so I'll usually stop by a coffee place that isn't starbucks. Oren's anyone?

9. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    +100

10. I didn't know they had that, I'll have to try that. I assume it's like $6.00, right?:rollno:

I think Dunkin Donuts hot coffee generally tastes better. Starbucks cold/iced stuff tastes better. Especially the french vanilla frapuccino with whip cream and caramel...

Sometimes though, I'll take a vanilla bean coolatta over a Frap. All dependson if I want to spend $2.50 or $4.50.:smug:

11. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I don't drink coffee, but Starbucks's lemonade is terrible, probably the worst I've ever had.

12. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I commend you, Major, on the most elegantly phrased hot chocolate reviews I've ever read.

13. agreed! I hate Starbucks coffee, I will go without before buying a Starbucks.

14. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I had my first hot choclate of the cold season a few days ago. Options Belgian brand with Orange, lush indeed!

15. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    not a fan of starbucks either

there's a place around here Bucks County Coffee that produces some good drinks. probably one of the best chai lattes around. i'm heading there right now to study, maybe i'll get a hot chocolate for comparison's sake;)

16. Lokire

Lokire Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Seattle, Washington
    I haven't tried Duncan Donuts' drinks, but I'm not suprised. It's not hard to find better coffee than Starbucks.

And while we're on the subject, does anyone know of a coffee shop that uses organic milk? Seems like everyone uses BGH (Bovine Growth Hormone) milk, and that stuff probably gives you cancer (studies have shown).

I make my own hot chocolate :p

17. Same with me, except sometimes, my friends and I go in there to eat all the sugar, just so we can see crowd reactions

18. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    Heheh, I had just started listening to Dethklok's wonderful coffee jingle when I saw this, so I thought it said Duncan Hills Coffee. I was disappointed when I saw that it didn't. :(

But I don't drink coffee so I have no idea.

19. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    D Donz has low carb bagels. I had one with egg, sausage, bacon, cheese and whatever else was on it. And it was good.

20. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    When I get a new grinder soon I'm going to start experimenting with roasting some bean blends that include robusta. Currently all my roasting experience is with arabica. Supposedly adding about 10% or less robusta can really help enhance the crema production.

bc