Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

In the Pursuit of Useful Knowledge

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by flyingmarcel, May 21, 2004.

1. Good morning to all,

Over the past months, I have been completing some preliminary ideas surrounding a graduate studies project which would incorporate some ideas which might be of interest to many on this forum. This project, based within the field of occupational health, would look at variations in playing techniques of large string instrumentalists (ie. cellists and double bassists) and to assess the potential risk factors for injury that these variations create.

Here is where I need your help! I have received a great deal of positive feedback in regard to this project from several researchers working in the field of performance medicine, but am yet to find a researcher willing to take me on and allow me to conduct this work. If any of you know of anyone working within this field who might be interested in this project, I would be very excited to hear about it. At this point, I have done pretty much everything I can do prior to finding a place to work and would really like to see this project through

Looking forward to your replies,

fm