Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

In what order do i put these pedals ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lewibassist, Jan 22, 2005.

1. I have a EBS bass IQ , EBS uniChorus , Morley Dual Bass Wah and a Aguilar Db924 ( only used with my passive ). So what order would these be best in.

2. Melvin7822

Melvin7822 Supporting Member

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    I seem to be fielding these types of questions as of late.

Your Aguilar DB924 should go first in the chain, because if it went anywhere later in the chain you'd just be amplifying any noise from the pedals.

Typically any type of filters or effects that rely on tracking go first in the chain. So that means your Bass IQ and Dual Wah will go first in the chain after the DB924. If you ever would plan on using the Bass IQ and Dual Wah together, you can experiment with placement. My recommendation would be to put the wah before the Bass IQ. My reasoning for this is because a wah sweeps through peaks which invariably effect the amplitude of your sound. The Bass IQ plays off amplitude. So this could make for some wet and wild sounds. But you can run them the other way around. Just experiment.

Then of course that would leave us with the UniChorus being last in the chain. So altogether the signal flow should look something like this:
    bass > DB924 > Dual Bass Wah > Bass IQ > EBS Unichorus

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I before E, except after C.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, I'd recommend db924, wah , bass iq, chorus also