1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

In what order should i connect my effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by platt, Jun 16, 2007.

1. platt

platt

May 4, 2005
    Netherlands
    Hi,
    I need your advice in which order i should connect my effects and why. I've numbered them 1 to 6.
    Hope for your help.

greetz Phil

effects.jpg

2. 00Funk

00Funk Inactive

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    I dont know what that pedal is upper right.
    Compress >drive > octabass > IQ > chorus last.

Thats the way I would do it. Why ? cause I want to :)

3. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    EBS recommends putting the MultiComp before the OctaBass to give it a better input, resulting in better tracking. So consider that. Other than that, it's looks good to me. But experiment and see what you like.

4. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    That would be a Peterson StroboStomp Tuner

5. Tuner > Octave > Fulltone > Bass IQ > Comp > Chorus

I'd put the comp after the IQ to tame the spikes.

6. 00Funk

00Funk Inactive

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    Im going to try that

7. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    +1

8. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    I would go:
    tuner > filter > comp > octave > drive > chorus

I'd have to mess with it and see if I liked the octave before or after the filter... thats a tough one for me, but the rest of it is good

different setups have different advantages though

Is it weird that I think its weird that he has such nice (expensive) effects and doesn't have an opinion about what order to put things in yet? Eh, there could be a good reason for it...

9. Another +1

I'd suggest this: Octabass > BassIQ > Multicomp > Bass Drive > Unichorus > Tuner

Reasoning:
    1) the compressor will keep the Octabass and the peaks of the IQ in check.
    2) the Octabass will be the first thing your bass signal goes into (helps with triggering).
    3) Bass Drive can be combined with both the octaver and envelope filter if you like.
    4) chorus can be run on everything if you like.
    5) the Strobostomp can A) be used as a tuner B) be used as a mute C) send a 1/4" line to your amp AND send XLR D.I. to house

In the end, however, it comes down to what YOU like... if any of the suggestions you see here aren't quite doing it for you, don't be afraid to mess around with pedal order to find out what works best for you! Happy experimenting! :) hehehe

5sg

10. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    me personally, I would put the octave first, then the drive, filter, and chorus. Then again, that's just MHO, and what sounds best with my own lousy gear.

I find wahs or filters sound better after distortion rather than before it, and putting an octave after a distortion is probably gonna mess with the octaver's tracking.... Compression could go either first or last, depending on whether you want it to even out the signal going in (which would give more consistent signal but would probably cut down some on your playing dynamics for the filter and OD) or to even out the effected signal.

11. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH

octave needs the best tracking. i like running my od/distortion into my filter to get synthy tones. chorus after. enjoy!

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021