In what position do you usually sleep?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blackbird, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I read a long time ago that lying on your right side is one of the best sleep positions because there is less body weight applied upon a person's heart. Has anyone else heard this?

I usually sleep on my right side or on my back. I avoid sleeping on my left side and I can't sleep lying on my chest at all.

Is there a sleep position you prefer?

Note to that one guy who can't help but post something tasteless...don't.
  2. Usually outlining the key of D on the 5th and 7th frets. Right hand varies between fingerstyle between the pups and a slap position.

What, you guys don't sleep with your basses?
  3. Especially if you've got a raging pair of man boobs. (couldn't resist)
    Seriously, if you keep fit and healthy, this won't be an issue.
    I'd disuade people from only sleeping on your side 'cos it'll wreak your shoulder ligaments.

4. OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    I usually just toss and flop around until I pass out. I usually wake up on my back, but i switch in and out of ALL sleeping positions on any given night. Insomnia, fun... :crying:
  5. I'm trying to picture man boobs raging.
  6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Hey, man, if that's the way you want the forum to know you, be my guest. ;)
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Mostly on my back, occasionally on one side. Speaking of....

brad cook
  8. I sleep on my stomach but sort of lean to one side where in the other direction I'll outstretch one arm sort of and direct my face for breathing. I switch which direction this is a few times a night. And I bend one leg too.
  9. I always sleep on my arm/elbow.

If that makes any sense.
  10. On my stomach/chest. Can NEVER fall asleep any other way.
  11. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Same here. I can fall asleep on my back when I'm taking a nap, sometimes. But that usually never lasts for more than 15 minutes.
  12. PaiMei

PaiMei The Highwayman

Stomach. On my back I just keep gagging myself right before I fall asleep. I snore on my back, as well.
  13. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    Back tilted at an angle usually. I used to be able to sleep on my stomach but now I can't ever find a comfortable position for my neck.
  14. Emerald_gasH

Sep 17, 2000
    sides...which isn't good because i have big shoulders (according to me)...

on my back i can't's weird but i can't be more than half-asleep on my back....

used to sleep on my stomach, but haven''t for a couple years now..not comfortable for many reasons...

what a weird thread...especially since i can't sleep right now and i have an exam in six hours :eek:
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I start off on my right side, and usually end up on my back...snoring. :D

16. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
  17. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Head down kitty up?

Nah, usually somewhere between on my side and on my stomach with my arms always under my head. Can't sleep on my back unless I'm really exhausted.
  18. ^Same here. I can never fall asleep on my back, but I wake up in that position quite a lot:meh:

My favorite sleeping position: On my right side, legs bent up a bit. You know how you sometimes rest your head on your hands when in this position? I do that, except that I bring a bunch of blanket with my hands, forming an extra mini-pillow. It's awesome, but usually I wake up completely twisted in my blanket in some wierd position.
    I once woke up completely backwards, with my feet on my pillow. And I was still under the covers. I have no idea how I did it.
  19. I have no idea. I wake up in all kinds of weird positions.
  20. On my back. Sometimes on my right side because of tinnitus in my right ear which can be very annoying. :(