1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Inappropriate language

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pht2356, Sep 22, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pht2356

pht2356

Apr 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Last night i posted a reply to a thread from a member "bumbldore" entitled "is rumble too heavy". I have posted only one thread"new cvt owner has bias question". I was overwhelmed by the number of members who offered assistance, particularly jimmym & beans on toast. Therefore, when i came to the realization (my opinion) that earnest members were taking the time to offer help while he was laughing at them (my opinion) it bothered me and i posted a response. Unfortunately, i forgot the rule that it is always best to engage the brain prior to the mouth (or in this case the fingers). I failed to respond in such a way that would be acceptable for minors to read. I have been assessed two (2) warnings points which i must agree were warranted. To anyone i offended, please accept my sincere apology. Paul

2. I Was not offended. but applogy accepted. From me anyways. :bassist:

pht2356 likes this.
  3. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    :poop: happens!

It takes a few minutes to get the hang of what you can & cannot/should not let hang out here. You'll be fine, as you seem quite sincere.

Don't lose much sleep over it, and just move on :thumbsup:

pht2356 likes this.
  4. pht2356

pht2356

Apr 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Thanks

5. pht2356

pht2356

Apr 28, 2018
    Los Angeles

6. flojob

flojob Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2011
    I did the same thing. Some folks were bagging on this kid that wanted to show a video of him playing bass. I couldn't believe how rude people were being...just super negative and insult8ng. I had to tell a couple of them in a language that they could understand. Caught a few points for that one. Totally worth it haha

pht2356 likes this.
  7. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Every post has a three line menu button on the lower left. "Report" is the choice.

Instead of responding to rude, negative or disrespectful posts, click "Report" and let the moderators know.

And then move on. Best thing to do.

BadExample, pht2356, bholder and 2 others like this.
  8. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

This.

I'm going to close the thread; no violations are intended by the OP, but the topic is likely to invite rule 5 violations so I'm going to head that off now.

And anyone who hasn't done so, do read the rules (link in the banner menu across the top of the page).

pht2356, S-Bigbottom and bholder like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.