Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Groove Tools, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Hi everyone. I was wondering if any of you guys know which preamp is better for my Conklin GT 7 and If ill need different pots. I Play progressive metal and jazz fusion mostly so I need a good preamp that will give me a good range. thanks.

This is the bass:
  2. There are lot's of good ones out there such as Bartolini, Aguilar and U-Retro. Most are somewhat flexible for mounting, since they are aftermarket models, and come with any pots you need. The Aguilar website, in particular, has some good technical info on wiring up their different preamps (obp-1 & obp-3) for different configurations.

I can't really say what would sound good with the GT-7, I just don't have any experience with aircraft carrier necks.;) I have tried the EMG two band, it was cool, but I think you'd be better off with the 3 band (bart NTMB or Agiular OBP-3) for the range of tones they would give you.

HOpe this helps.

3. Lol Aircraft necks hehehehe..... I'll check those thanks!! anyone else know anything about my bass or the preamp that will fit better for my style?

thanks again.
  4. I have a GT-5 and I popped an Aguilar OBP-1 in there. The sound opened up greatly. The change made my bass have a higher output too. The bass and treble boosts boost the tone a LOT. You can get a rounder tone by just boosting the bass a little and that would be good for the jazzy stuff, and then boost the treble for when you chord or need more definition. The preamp adds a lot and I recommend it although I haven't heard it on a 7 string.
  5. cods

Sep 16, 2003
    *wants a gt-7*

*wants to put an aguilar obp-3 in it when i get it*