InCase back January 1st

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by KJung, Dec 26, 2005.

1. FYI.....according to the website (, they will be back in the guitar and bass case business January 1st. Let's hope they bring back the Slimbag... the best gig bag ever IMO.

The site will be
  2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    YEAH !!!

That's great news !!

I agree with you concerning the slimbag ! ;) I wanted one for looooong time, but they stopped making it before I had the chance to buy one... Grrr....

I have to put money aside for one... :smug:
  3. Yes it is!!!
  4. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately I just paid too much for a TourBag when I would have much rather had a SlimBag but being unsure as to whether or not they would actually start offering them again figured I'd better go with the sure thing.

Anyway, no regrets in buying one of the best cases ever made and I definitely have plans of buying a couple more once they get them back on the market! :D

Anyone interested in an Acoustic TourBag?
  5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i have the Dub bag and i hung on to it for dear life. I had seen some pretty steep prices on used InCase bags due to the discontinuation. I feel bad for anyone who may have paid too much and now they're back, which is great.
    Kinda like the Akai Deep Impact pedal- available for $120 for a bit online, sold for almost 3 times that used after they discontinued. Now, why would Akai do that? and if they saw this, why wol dthey not reissue it with improvements either? i will never know how business works, i am just a dumb bass player.... what key are we in? :bassist:
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Because the market is only there BECAUSE they're discontinued. People want what they can't have. ;)

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

8. I'm curious - how much did the slimbags cost before they were discontinued? Do you think prices will go up once they're back?
  9. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I have to admit, this is one of the greatest cases I haved owned. I have a tour bag and a dub bag. I am currently out of the country in Bosnia (if you get a chance you SHOULD play for the troops!!) with my tour bag and I understand why this is the perfect bag for travel...

Everybody should buy one... you won't regret it!!
  10. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    149$ if I'ml not mistaken, 199$ for the Tour bag.
  11. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder
    RUMOR only, but

does anyone know if this is Incase the original company or if this is ....... coming out with the case's. I had heard the design's at one time were forsale to ........... not sure if that was true or even ever happened..

I would expect the prices will go up, the price verse profit margin was the reason they dropped the case's the first time.

[edit] manufactures name in case it didn't happen...
  12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Good news for players everywhere!

I might have to order a Slim Bag. I love my DUB Bag.

Moved to Miscellaneous.
  13. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Jacqi from incase notified me earlier this month that the slim and dub bag were being reissued. She said they will be available early in the new year at select dealers as well as direct. No mention of price was made.
  14. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

True in many cases, unfortunately. :(

But not Incase case!

I already had one and was in the search to buy a couple more when I found they were no longer available!
  15. Just checked the new site and the new bags.

The Slimcase and DUB are back.

The good news.... a few upgraded features.... softer interior material, neck support serves as additional storage

The bad news IMO... they have now included that IMO overdesigned backpack system on the Slimbag... cumbersome and unecessary... disapointing.

Regarding the DUB.... still looks big, heavy, with only a single zipper for the dual compartment.
  16. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Ken, does it appear that you can just take the whole thing off? I agree that's it too much. Otherwise, I like the new interior neck support pocket.

17. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I was hoping to see the TourBag but I am looking forward to having a new gig back. My 15+ year old BackSac is finally having zipper issues.

Last blues jam - "Steve, we're up".
    Steve - "Be there in a minute my bass is stuck in its case"
  18. I don't think so, but that would be great. However, even if you could, it looks like they only have the capability for a single 'convenience strap' versus the very nice original standard double strap system on the slimbag.
  19. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder

anybody know the price?
  20. I haven't seen a price listed yet.

Regarding the new Slimbag strap system, it looks the same as on the original Tourbag and DUB... you can zip it into a back pocket on the bag, but then you are stuck with only a single strap, and it feels none too good against your back.

If you are not bothered by that 'Alpine Backpack' system, it will be a great bag. I absolutely hated that system myself.... it made it hard to lay the back flat (which is necessary for the DUB and handy to get into the equipment storage area for both bags), and it was just overkill for carrying a single bass (Slimbag). Just my opinion though... others may love that design... and if I ever had to go on a 10 mile hike with my bass, I'd probably feel differently!