1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Incase Dub Bag...for a single bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by davio, Oct 15, 2009.

1. davio

davio

Nov 2, 2006
    Boston, MA
    I have a Dingwall on the way...finally. I had one a few years back and stupidly sold it but I had an SKB Freedom hard case for it so it never rode in a gigbag. I live in Boston now and frequently take public transportation to rehearsals and gigs so I've been looking into the Incase bags.

Getting to the point...my only current gigbag is one that I wouldn't trust for an expensive bass and I only need a backup instrument for gigs. Can I safely transport a single bass in the dub for rehearsals? Or would it flop around in the case?

2. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    You can and it will be fine. However, the Dub is a heavy and very bulky bag. I love my Slim Bag, but the Dub was worse than dealing with the hard case. It is as thick as an acoustic guitar case and weighs 10 lbs empty.

3. davio

davio

Nov 2, 2006
    Boston, MA
    The website says it's only 1.5 lbs heavier than the slim bag when it's empty. The bulkiness I can see being a pain but I need to find the easiest way to safely transport 2 basses to gigs and so far this seems like the best candidate.

Currently, I take my Accugroove Tri112-L on a collapsible handtruck, a backpack with GK MB2-500, cables and other accessories on my back and a beater J bass in a gigbag slung over one shoulder. It looks like I could fit everything from my backpack into the Incase's pocket(s) and carry it all on my back.

If it can fit one or two basses securely, my MB2-500 and accessories and strap to my back...I'll be in heaven. Any alternative suggestions?

4. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    I don't think the Slim Bag is as slim as it used to be either. I have had mine for 7 yrs I think. They added a much heavier duty harness to these than they used to have. If it were me, I would be looking at Mooradian or Reunion Blues for double. For me, the Dub was just too much.

5. davio

davio

Nov 2, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Excellent. Thanks for the info. I'll look into these and see if they'll fit my needs.