Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

InCase Tour Bag - you gotta see this...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Strings and Accessories' started by Gorgula, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorgula

Gorgula

Oct 16, 2002
    So Cal
    Another item from the esteemed International Museum of Bass Artifacts and Folklore (a.k.a. my closet).

This is an Incase Tour Bag in near mint condition. It was never gigged, but it did provide warmth and comfort for my Dingwall for a very short time. So it does contain traces of the elusive "Essence of Dingwall".

As you can see I kept all of the fixins. And yes, I do still have the increasingly rare and highly coveted small silicone dessicant bags. (no, I will not sell them separately, so don't ask!!!)

It includes everything in the pics. The case itself, the backpack, rain cover, luggage hook, brochures etc.

Even if you don't care for these bags you have to hand it to Incase for their presentation. Look at that packaging! Getting one of these in the mail is quite an experience!

Anyway, I'd like to get $250 for it. Let me know if you have any questions.

2. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

Dibs...PM sent.

3. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yeah, I got my DUB way back when they were readily available and I saved my case and all the stuff in it. You could park a car in it. :)

Even got a free baseball cap. :)

Josh, good job.

One thing, make sure to measure the bass you want to use and talk to Gorgula about measuring the case. The Tour has a smaller interior size than the Slim and DUB... I couldn't safely fit my Fender J in it, the Lakland was a bit tight for my taste, but was ok. My Zons, MTD, and Roscoe all worked fine. In any event, that's why I sold my Tour... just wanted something that fit them all, and I didn't really need the (admittedly very cool) backpack system.

Hope this isn't viewed as dumping on a thread, these are FANTASTIC cases... the BEST, IMHO... just hopefully trying to help.

4. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    P-P-P-P-PM sent. I want this bag. :hyper:

Vic, will it fit a Sadowsky Metro? Bass is 3' 11" (call it 4 feet long) and 1' 2" wide approx.

5. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Don't do it Josh . . . . .:D

6. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I can't remember exactly, and you'll have to know exactly. I don't have mine anymore.

Send the measurements to Gorgula and make sure to stand the bass up on the floor vertically (as if it were sitting inside the triangle formed by the inCase design). Keep in mind, for example, the angle/offset to the bottom of the J bass body matters, as to the case, it adds overall length to the bass... for example, the P bass fit a little bit better.

As I recall, in particular, the angled inline 4 headstock was the problem, because it made the bass much "longer".

Thing is, I think Sadowskys have a slightly different body design and maybe headstock somewhat too, so it might be ok.

7. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX

I have a 5 string Modulus Genesis that fits... almost. At the top, some of the padding is under the headstock... It's gonna be close fit. It definitely does not fit my Ken Smith BSR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.