Included with my rack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Apr 27, 2005.

1. I just got my SKB Roto-Rack to house my PLX1202 and RBI in and it has a pack of screws with small washers on them called the "Rack Pack," but it has no "Nut retainer clips." Theses are included right? Can i just get Zzounds to send me a pack of them?
  2. If I understand you correctly, the SKB should have threaded holes in the rack. Just use the screws with the washers and you should be good to go.
  3. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    sam set up! but i dont have the roto rack.

They should have given you little clips that go over the rail on both sides and you screw into those.
  4. Ok thanks man, they didn't give me little clips though, I just called them. Where do i put the little washer?
  5. You can get the nut retainer clips from Guitar Center, either in Pro Audio or Accessories. Or you can probably talk your way into some because they routinely fall out of cases stores keep in stock.

The washers, if they're nylon or plastic, ideally go between your rack gear and the rack rails. They're supposed to isolate any electrical transients from contacting the rack and causing interference...or something. Sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't, and don't really know if they make any difference.
  6. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    every skb i have has not come threaded. you have to add the little clips.
  7. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    those clips are also available from any hardware store thats worth a darn for about 3 cents a piece if you don't want to wait.
  8. If they're plastic washers, they isolate the electronic gizmos from the rack rails. That would cause a ground loop. The only connection between their grounds should be by the cables.