Incoming eBay Toy:

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Dec 16, 2003.

1. [​IMG]

The Guyatone Micro Chorus. I figure that this will be useful for bass and guitar, and it's always nice to get analog equipment.

Got an NOS one for $50 on eBay.
  2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    you just cant beat analogue effects :)

give us a potted review when it arrives
  3. Quick evaluation: smokin'.

The chorused part of the signal is neither too muddy nor too metallic, and the low end is more or less untouched. (It seems to have better low-pass filtering than the TC Electronic SCF I once had, which is saying an awful lot.) I can't decide whether I like it more on fretless or on fretted with a pick. I can't wait to try this thing out on electric guitar, but it does plenty well on bass. Not a whole lot of sonic variety on bass, but there aren't that many different bass chorus sounds that are usable anyway. It seems to be set-and-forget with the depth at 3:00 and the rate at 9:00.

I have my doubts about the structural integrity of a pedal that's held together with a giant O-ring, but it does have a fairly thick metal casing and the baseplate looks pretty beefy as well. The switch doesn't have as positive of a feel as I'd like, but I don't whack my stompboxes with my foot anyway, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I'm pretty happy with this purchase. Of course, I'm sure my initial euphoria will wear off, but in the meantime, hey--I've got a bass-ready analog chorus pedal for $50. You can't really beat that.
  4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Pete - thanks for the review. I have a DOD Bass Chorus pedal that i am decidedly less-than-pleased with. It has the depth of a mud puddle and just doesn't give me what I need overall.

Have you tried one of these and how would you compare the two?
  5. I've never tried the DOD. I've played through the Boss, which I'm told is very similar to the DOD, and it's very metallic-sounding and not particularly pleasant.