Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

incomplete profile.......

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fretless5, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Just wondering if there was a particular reason not to fill it out.......
    Not enough time? Embarrassed? Illiterate? Lazy? Privacy?
    It's not like we are being asked to confess to anything kinky.

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Well, I didn't for a long time. I just had to work up the courage to admit I have a Peavey combo amp. ;)

3. Yeah I know what you mean, i admitted it on mine(Peavey Combo) but i should add thats it belongs to a bandmate and i'm using it till I get something better, the basic is not mine either(thank God), I'm just using it because it was there and it actually helps the sound. I have the high pass from the 115's crossover going through it with the 115 running full range. I'll probably get a carvin R600 or R1000.

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Hi Flea Claydirnt welcome to talkbass!
    that´s one hell of a nickname!

makes me wanna change mine for:
    Les Wootorius

:D

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

If someone doesn't have their profile filled out and has an equipment question where the profile would have helped with a decent reply, I generally pass those questions up.

6. i'm ilettir.. iler...illetarat...ialetratl....

ummm , i cn't spel

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I'm just incredibley lazy, I'll get to it....

8. Yeah, too bad I couldn't put Matt Freeman somewhere in there.

Les Wootorius Sounds good but I think you should go with Wootorius L.E.S.

9. It's a bad joke relating to the late Notorious B.I.G. If you never heard of him then you are very lucky and I am moving to Mexico.(He was a "rapper")

10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    of course i know him... friend of puffy (now P.Ditty) that was shot last century in some response to the violent death of Tupak Shakur...

man, i watch too much US TV

11. lol.
    ditto.

12. Mr. X

Mr. X

Mar 29, 2001
    USA
    I'd tell you, but then......;)

13. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    @ first i was to lazy & scared to admit that i have a Fender BXR. now its i'm waiting for money to upgrade to Ampeg BA115. any cash donations please send to..... ;) :D

14. Boy, Peavey is taking some hits here.......

Ouch.

15. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Age, current gear and location should be mandatory!

Well, OK, it helps enormously, both when you ask for advise, and when you get an answer.
    Helps immensely!

16. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Suburban - I suggested that to Paul when the site was upgraded, mentioning what a drag it was to have ask all the time, "Okay, you said you want loud/warm/punchy/etc and have a hum/buzz/crackle now tell us what gear you're talking about because you'e profile is empty."

That last upgrade that wiped out everyone's profiles really hurt, especially since a lot of us can't list all of our current gear into the space provided.

Moreover, it allows people in too easily, who just want to use the site as free advertising for the gear/instruction they want to sell without ever making a post that doesn't involve their monetary gain.

17. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Do a search for Peavey combos in the Bass Humor forum, and you'll get a couple of threads on jokes about Peavey amps. Funny stuff.