1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Inconsiderate co-worker playing music....HELP!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by palm grease, Mar 3, 2008.

1. palm grease

palm grease

Dec 10, 2007
    NYC
    so what's new? nothing? great cus i need your help!

i work...at a desk! yep!
    my coworker (lets call her "Zendy the Snot Hog" to protect her anonymity) thinks its a great idea to play her mixed CD here in the office! GREAT!!!! AWESOME! well on a scale of 1-10 id have to say im about to torch her face with my chicken and rice farts! Ill tell ya why!

since june of 2007 she has been playing this CD every day! the hits include artists such as AKON, Natasha Bengifeld (i dont care how ya spell it!), Gwen Stefani, Joe, Back Street Boys, that american idol douche Doughrioty (heheha) and his teammates (that blond one)....and many more!!!! i understand keeping ones mind active and entertained but folks......i kid you not!!!!!! EVERY DAY SINCE JUNE!!!!!!!!!!

I have asked her to change the CD only to be told what kind of person i am (pretty sure she comes from a remote tribe of voodoo ring of fire give you cold sores kinda background)....needless being cordial and pleasant didnt work. yep...ive talked to my bosses too! their reaction is "but she'll start crying and well, its not worth the fuss".

so today we are on our 3rd session of Zendy the Snot Hog's CD party!

guys i need your help! i am about to do something that is very unbecoming of a human!

ideas so far include- sharpie on the cd players lens, sand paper the lens, frozen paint balls (gun included), cross bow incident, anthrax (sooo expensive).... i need this to stop or ill be put in jail!

TB UNITE!

2. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    :rolleyes: not cool.

you could just sing along. loudly. with death metal vocals.

3. palm grease

palm grease

Dec 10, 2007
    NYC

1. not cool i know! your tellin me! thing is i aint kidding!

2. tried the singing, whistlin, tappin fingers......everything!

4. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Maybe throw on some headphones and listen to music that you like?

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I take it this chick is fat bordering obese.

6. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    calmly tell her that everyone has to work there and that you find it hard to work with music in the back ground. appeal to her sense of "lets get along"

if that doesn't work, bring in your own mixed cd of grateful dead jams, death metal and other nice music and play it.

when she complains, tell her nicely in a calm tone. "oh really? thats how you feel about my music? well thats exactly how I feel about your music". If she doesn't get the clue, move on to flamthrowers.

7. palm grease

palm grease

Dec 10, 2007
    NYC
    i have! i still hear it! mind you i do have to answer calls as well...no she wont turn it down then either!

8. CrashBang

CrashBang

Jan 1, 2008
    Newton, MA
    How about some G.G.Allen or Dead Kennedys. Just play your stuff louder. When the bosses come to you and ask you to turn it down or change the cd cry.

9. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Replace her mixed CD with one that looks exactly like it except the new one has only one song "Big Butts."

10. palm grease

palm grease

Dec 10, 2007
    NYC
    are you under my desk?

yes, yes she is!

11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Make up a new mix cd and give it to her. I'm surprised the powers that be didn't step in!! Most employers won't have that! Let alone even allow music to be played.

12. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    I was thinking that this guy might have a crush on her. :D

13. palm grease

palm grease

Dec 10, 2007
    NYC
    too easy... and "the bosses wouldnt like that" thats what i was told!

14. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    The two are not necessarily independent of each other. He could be into chubbies. ;)

15. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Get a white noise generator and a 400 watt amp.

16. palm grease

palm grease

Dec 10, 2007
    NYC
    :eyebrow:

17. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    She might be interested in his chubby as well. ;)

18. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yeah. Just stick with Maki. He's knows all. :smug:

I've got the solution for you. Put chocolate into her CD Drive/Player and she'll think that she might have done it herself and the problem will quietly go away.

19. palm grease

palm grease

Dec 10, 2007
    NYC
    ok ok so ya want a pic?

how can i pull this off?

camera is ready to go, but the flash thingy makes a sound!

a pic will settle this argument quickly!

20. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Pic. Tell her that you're taking a pic of all your coworkers for your chick.