Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Incredible Drozd!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mark beem, Jan 25, 2006.

1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  2. BassNoob?

BassNoob?

Sep 18, 2005
    Redding, CT
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Another one (sigh). Gorgeous!

(psst: you hit ctrl-V twice when pasting the link...)

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Oops!! Too excited I guess... ;)

Fixed! Thanks!!

5. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    I love those basses.

6. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Incredible = Drozd

Kind of redundant, isn't it? ;)

It's impossible to not think the word "Incredible" when looking at (or playing) any of Jerzy's basses :bassist:

Man, he builds some beautiful stuff ........ :cool:

7. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    that's prolly someones custom order, I never saw that inlay before.
    The one I played had a "nature" inlay, one of jerzy's own designs, I could stare at that fingerboard for hours...

8. Those really high end Drozd's are a little over the top to me... a little too much like furniture. I greatly prefer the rather simple and elegant Excellency and Mastery models that Dan Lenard has in stock at LAG.... the more simple woods and lack of inlays and multiple laminations work much better with the interesting curves and shape of those basses. Just my 2 cents.

9. jordanm

jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Amazing looking Drozd, those are some really sweet basses. The only thing that bugs me about that is why someone wouldnt have wood pick up covers with all those other options. I guess If I buy it I could have some made ;)

10. I believe all the new Drozd's have wood pickup covers... the older ones do not. The new pickups sound amazing... split coil.. very organic and single coil sounding.. and beautiful... they are kind of 'wavey' shaped.... really beautiful.

11. jordanm

jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I've seen some newer ones on LAG and other places with plastic covers.. maybe they are new old stock or he doesn't cover other peoples pick ups? Not sure

12. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    I talked with dan and jerzy at namm about this exact thing.
    I have a sig 5 and it has barts in it. actually the sig 5 from the old catalog. I was inquiring about swapping them out for the new pups. I didnt know if he could do because of the shape. but it was affirmed that it can be done and will be done. he also recommended to switch out the bart pre for and aggie which incedentially I have coming out of another bass I am swapping pres from so I guess I am in luck!
    Todd

13. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    All his models have the JDX pickups, even the basic has wooden covers and dig in knobs.

My friend who bought one was fortunate to get a Basic with an OBP-3 as an upgrade, it is capable of amazingly clear tones, definitly piano-like (no wonder my friend like it since he's a big fan of tap bass)

14. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I agree. Impressive bass, but too much for me.

Marshall

15. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    That thing is stunning...I'm in awe again!

16. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    It just depends on what pickups he uses in a particular bass. I know that Barts can't be done with wood covers, because the magnets/coils can't be taken out of the plastic housing.

17. Very hot!