1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Incredible Shoulder Pain Relief for bass/whatever

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by alexit, Feb 23, 2008.

1. alexit

alexit

Feb 21, 2006
    I've been having trouble with some pain in the front of my shoulder, probably caused by a lot of different things. I've heard people complain about shoulder pain here before so I thought I'd share this incredible stretch I've been doing, stickied on a site I found called intensemuscle.com (yeah, I know ;( ). It's incredibly effective for a whole range of different shoulder problems:rotator cuff stuff, tendinitis, bursitis, etc.

What you do is grab a broom or a towel end-to end with a very wide grip and hold it at your thighs. With your arms STRAIGHT, slowly swing it up over the top of your head, rotating all the way around until you hit the middle of your back. Then reverse the motion. KEEP YOUR ARMS STRAIGHT, you'll likely have to do a very wide grip at first in order to get your arms straight. There's a point above and slightly behind your head that's the hardest to get past, but push through it and go all the way.

Start off doing 20 reps , and work up to 50 or so every time you do it. For me the pain relief was instant, it's improved flexibility and endurance in the area

2. Used to do this stretch all the time when I played lacrosse. Works great for stretching your shoulders.

lowsound

3. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Man, if I tried this even once, no matter how wide the grip, my right shoulder would just pop right back out again :(