Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Incredibow?

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by darksail, Oct 28, 2004.

1. darksail

darksail

Aug 13, 2004
    Firenze, Italy
  2. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    i hope they are what they say they are, im getting one for christmas
    ill let you know when i get back to music school and get to play it on a good DB
    -marty

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    They must be great..I've never seen so many !!!!!!!'s on one website.

I'll be curious to see how it works out for you.

4. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    if it ends up being crummy they do have a reasonable return polacy from the looks of things and come on, if its called the incredibow, it has to be awsome ;)

5. I had a look at the link, these bows look seriously strange, i'd love to try one just to see if their any good. I'll be interested in what you think of the bow and it would be good to hear what some pro players think too.

6. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    ill get some teachers here to check it out when im back in jan and let you know what i think and they think as well. Ill be the TB lab rat for incredibows.
    -marty

7. watching regularly for reviews of the incredibow. I have played pizz for about 10 years and want to start bowing. I wonder if this would be a good first bow. The website claims it's stable in all sorts of weather and the price is right.....

8. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    not to get off topic but 10 yeaers of only piz!!! thas a long time.

9. That really is off the topic. But since you asked, I've been playing alot of bluegrass and blues. Arco just never came up. But I'm married to a concert pianist and she's encouraging me to try some new and different things with the bass. Someday I might even learn to read music :eek:

10. Bombs away! I went ahead and ordered a "standard weight" (80 gram!) bright red incredibow bass bow. I read the website and then the yahoo grouplist. The builder has been very engaging in his email. He really wants some bassists to try out the product. 3 year moneyback guarantee. It should be here in early January. Then all I have to do is learn how to use it!

11. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    havnt really looked but is therr a german bow style for it or only french because that is all i see

12. Seems to be pretty much French. There is apparently not a German option just yet. They are very, very new to bass. Since I'm new to bowing, it didn't make much of a difference to me.

13. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I have to wonder how that they can claim that the bow will never require rehairing? I can't see how that could be. Although, I thinkthe photos do show that they can not be rehaired, so that's bad IMO.

Bow hair is bow hair. It will break. Even a $5,000 needs to be rehaired. Maybe they are using synthetic hair, which is not a good thing, again, IMO. Ihave no experience with the fake stuff, but there is please of negative fb here about it.

I think I'd prefer to take my chances with one of those $150 sticks from Bob G. or the like.

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I play one and love it!

But I WOULD like to try an Incredibow. Looks interesting, just don't know how traditional bassists would react.

15. LaurenBell

LaurenBell

Aug 10, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    The website says they are making them like a Cellabow exceot longer? I'm pretty sure bass bows are shorter... :meh:

16. Lauren, If your right and the website does say it than they are wrong. Bass bows are shorter and thicker. Ill check out the website. It's pretty risky getting a bow from a very new maker, but once you guys try it i suppose i mightget on. I need a backup bow, and depending on the reviews this could b it. What looks do you thinjk i would get playin with a blonde bass and an incredibow? I dont think I'd every use this bow with my primary bass, my fendt.
    Peter

17. I just went to their site and for $100, how can you lose. I mean I went ahead and ordered one and am looking forward to playing with it. Seems like a nice idea.

18. I've said this before, but when you guys who've shelled out the cash for these novel/unique looking sticks get your bows please let us know on the forum what you think of em. They are very enticing looking from the web site. I decided on a brazil bow in the end but its always nice to have a back up.

19. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    One important thing to keep in mind is that bow weight means different things for a bassist and a violinist. Because the bow hair is parallel to the floor, violin bows are affected more by gravity and hence violinists seek very light bows. That is not necessarily true for bassists. I think if one of these bows is too light, you will have to compensate by applying bow pressure.