Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

increible deal on ritter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by unatratnag, Feb 17, 2006.

1. I randomly surf the ebay because I like to imagine that one day I'll own a ritter. I saw that Ed Roman Guitars in NV (whom I'd never heard of before) had some listed. I like to look and all their pics weren't loading so I checked their website and they had the pics up there. The only one with the ritter master was the seal (listed as futura on ebay?) and it's going at a price of 3000. I wouldn't purchase it just cause I have no idea who these people are and I can't try it out first but I could only dream I lived in NV to pick it up to try out... don't know how much you guys are interested but 3000 for a ritter sounds damn good to me! But who knows... gas is an accumulative disease and maybe tonight i'll go home and get hit with an attack and call them to find out more info... *shrug* (and I closed the browser already to avoid painful gas attacks so google or ebay yourselves for the links)

EDIT: It took me 2 seconds to break down and go look at it again actually... http://www.edromanguitars.com

2. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    If that Seal were fretless, I might have snagged it weeks ago.

Marshall

3. Especially if you are a Steinberger enthusiast. Do an "Ed Roman" search on the Steinberger World yahoo group to get an idea about past business dealings. Let's just say that the last time I inquired about the Steinberger XL-2/5 5-strings on his site, I was quoted $4500.

4. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    Do a search on Ed Roman here............staaaayyyy awayyyy!

5. dunno if you looked but their other two (roya and uhh can't remember) were fretless but those were 4,000.

I just wish I could play one before buying it. I've been blown away by the sound but the feel is most important to me *shrug*

Sorry, not huge into steinburger fan. Are they that bad to deal with? I was wondering about returns and all but if they're that bad to deal with....

6. jordanm

jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I just bought a Ritter from Roman... he sucks, but I got a good deal so who cares :)

7. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Yeah, I saw them some time ago; I want triplebuckers, on at least a five string. The Roya had singles and the Raptor was lightwave, so I wasn't really tempted. Great prices though, too bad Roman can be sketchy.

Marshall