Incubus and Dishwalla

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sean_w_mcgrath, Nov 24, 2004.

1. sean_w_mcgrath

sean_w_mcgrath does this forum name make me look fat?

Just wondering if anyone has read any info on what kind of effects the bassists of these 2 bands use?

Ben Kenny of Incubus seems to use a lot, in fact his main sound seems to have chorus on it all the time....I am curious to see what he uses for effects.

I am also curious as to what Scot from dishwalla uses for an envelope filter (mainly on the track Stay Awake off their new Live album). I post this question on the dishwalla forum and got the following reply from the lead singer:
    "Scots out of town right now.... let me see if I can help. I know in Stay Awake he uses a Boss distortion pedal and a envelope filter together to get that synth sound. He also has an octaver, wah pedal, a chorus pedal and a boss tuner. He uses an SVT head with the 8x10 cabinet. and also has a tube pre-amp he built himself that goes before the head. He uses an Avalon DI box for his dry signal. The front of house engineer mixes this with a mic on his cabinet for out front PA sound. I don't know model numbers and I might of missed something.......... JR"