Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Incubus and Dishwalla

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sean_w_mcgrath, Nov 24, 2004.

1. sean_w_mcgrath

sean_w_mcgrath does this forum name make me look fat?

Just wondering if anyone has read any info on what kind of effects the bassists of these 2 bands use?

Ben Kenny of Incubus seems to use a lot, in fact his main sound seems to have chorus on it all the time....I am curious to see what he uses for effects.

I am also curious as to what Scot from dishwalla uses for an envelope filter (mainly on the track Stay Awake off their new Live album). I post this question on the dishwalla forum and got the following reply from the lead singer:
    "Scots out of town right now.... let me see if I can help. I know in Stay Awake he uses a Boss distortion pedal and a envelope filter together to get that synth sound. He also has an octaver, wah pedal, a chorus pedal and a boss tuner. He uses an SVT head with the 8x10 cabinet. and also has a tube pre-amp he built himself that goes before the head. He uses an Avalon DI box for his dry signal. The front of house engineer mixes this with a mic on his cabinet for out front PA sound. I don't know model numbers and I might of missed something.......... JR"

Thanks!