Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

INDECISIVE

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by THUMPER73533, Feb 28, 2006.

1. THUMPER73533

THUMPER73533

Feb 23, 2006
    very soon i'm going to buy new bass and i have to make a choice between one of these three. a ric 4003jg, fender jass (mia) and a warwick corvet standard. i've recently played all three recenantly and still cant make up my mind. the ric i played was, i believe, a 2005. it still had that "ric" sound but i was dissapointed the the neck was thicker, not as flat as the one i use to own. the warwick played and sounds very nice but im concerned about posible repairs in the future sence it's made in germany. the fender jass is versitile and there are lots of after market parts should i decide to repair or upgrade. hmm maybe i just made my discission .

2. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    i would want the Ric, but that's just me.

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    A lot of people don't aggree with me, but I think that the Warwick Corvette is a great bass. I think it plays well and has a great sound all its own. I really wouldn't worry about repairs... Do you plan on having something break?

4. i would get the rick, but that only cus i already have one. i love ric and think there great basses with one of a kinda tone, sure the neck may be 'a little' thicker then the jazz but you could get used to it. this is also coming from a kid that doesnt like jazzes bass at all. the corvette would be my second choice because when i bought my rick i was either going to get a ric or a corvette and choice the ric.

so my opinion is
    ric
    corvette
    jazz.

5. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    I'd go with the Ric.

(BTW) No one has used the term 'Jass' since about 1917... and it's a dirty word.

6. ??? I would think that if anything came of the line in Germany that wasn't fit to the model they'd burn down the factory and rebuild it.

7. Warwickluvr

Warwickluvr

Dec 26, 2005
    Besides having to wax the Corvette once a month or so, you won't have a problem with it. Warwicks are built like tanks. Don't let "possible repairs" affect your choice.

On a personal note, I'd say Warwick, but they could be because I'm biased in a positive way towards Warwick and have a negitive bias towards Ric.

As far as the Jazz goes, for the money, I'd rather have a "different" kind of bass. Jazz basses are sooooooooooooo cliche. :p

Then again, they are the "industry standard" for a reason. Hmmmm......

Warwick Corvette. Good luck choosing.

8. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Yup, a lot of ppl is idiot and close minded. Anyway my hands wont let me play the corvette 6 cos its neck is too chunky, what a shame they stopped using wenge for the necks...

9. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i would get a ric cuz it looks freaking cool, but i've only ever played a Jazz and Corvette, so between those two i would a get a Jazz. i like jazzes.

10. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    hmmm well a corvette is a super growly and heavy german jazz, get one with an ebony fretboard and youll notice more "zing" like its sound very close to a jazz bass.

11. WarwickFan

WarwickFan

Feb 7, 2005
    Florida
    Another vote for the Warwick.

12. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I'll throw my weight behind the Fender Jazz, but then I'm biased, I have two of them. Still, there's a reason it's about the most-copied design in the bass world.

13. THUMPER73533

THUMPER73533

Feb 23, 2006
    the main concern for me is neck stablity. the mia fender has carbon/maple rods, the rick has 2 steel trus rods, but i'm not sure about the corvet standard. also the ric and fender comes with hard cases, the warwick comes with a gig bag.

14. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    I've owned all three, and I can tell you the Ric, even though I loved it, was more challenging to adjust the neck relief because of the dual trussrod system.

You really can't go wrong with a Jazz, IMHO

15. THUMPER73533

THUMPER73533

Feb 23, 2006
    thanks for all the replies.