1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Indiana Jones and the Greatest Composer Ever

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan316, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I seriously need to get the soundtrack to any of the Indy movies. John Williams is da MAN.

And do they still publish copies of the Conan soundtracks? How about The Last Starfighter?

Don'choo laugh at the Last Starfighter, man.... :ninja:

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Amazon.com

3. John Williams really is one of the best composers ever.

Him and Nobuo Uematsu are two of my favorites and absolutely dominate in their respective fields (Movies and Video Games) IMO.

I have to give Nobuo a bit of a one up on John Williams though, and I only say that because of his band, The Black Mages.

4. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

The Star Wars soundtrack is just as great.

5. What he said.

So, so very true.

6. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Also check out Schindler's List.

FYI the Conan soundtracks were composed by Basil Poledouris.

7. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Nay he is not.

He is a gifted arranger but almost all of his early works were copies of existing pieces from the standard orchestral catalog.

for example,

the superman love theme

The imperial death march is ripped from the ride of the valkeries by Wagner. We tore his stuff apart in college.

Even if they were 100% his own he is nothing compared to Stravinsky, Mahler, Hindemith, Piston, Orff, and many others.

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I prefer Juan Garcia Esquibel. His compositions don't take themselves so seriously. Everyone should just lighten up. Zoom Zoom Za Zoom.