1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

INDIANAPOLIS: I'm Moving and My Band Needs You!

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by Twocan, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    I learned today that I'll be moving out of state in about two months. I'm part of a fantastic, professional band that has solid bookings through the end of the year. I'm very loyal to my band, and do not want to leave them hanging. I plan to play our booked shows through my departure, which should give my replacement time to get up to speed.

This is one of those rare opportunities where you can actually join an existing band and hit the ground running. The right person will be dedicated, professional and punctual. Practice is once weekly in Westfield, usually Monday or Tues nights. Shows are usually Fridays or Saturdays.

We play party music - funk, dance, rock and hip hop. Our aim is corporate functions and weddings, but we do play bars and clubs to keep fresh. We have two fantastic singers and everyone does a part vocally.

You should be able to play by ear, improvise and be able to slap efficiently (this IS a funk band).

The band has professional gear, and does the majority of its bookings through an agent. We make good money for our shows, but no one is doing this with the intention to become famous or tour.

Lastly, I'm not looking for a temporary fill-in. You must be interested in joining the band for the long haul as a sole venture.

Check out the band at www.thescreamingmartinis.com Please contact me directly for inquiries.

Thanks for your time.

2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm familiar with a couple people in the band, having lived in Indy for many years. This should be a really good gig for someone.

Best of luck finding a replacement...that's VERY cool of you to show that kind of responsibility and loyalty to your band.

3. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    Thanks for the kind words. It's a great group of people and I don't want to leave them hard up!

4. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    No responses so far - BUMP!

5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Talk to Steve Dokken or Jon Gunnell (Jon E Gee) and see if they know of anyone looking for a gig.

:)

6. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    Bump!